Thursday 3 November 2011

Shoes...shoes...

They say that most women love shoes. Some hoard shoes. Some collect shoes. And in the last category, some design really f.a.n.t.a.s.t.i.c shoes! (Btw I don't fall into any category except that I admire well-crafted shoes even if I am not the wearer/owner.) Move over Manolo Blahnik. Move over Jimmy Choo....and say hey to Camilla Skovgaard- the top shoe designer of the moment!

Anything that is worth doing is worth doing well and Camilla certainly does the job really well. An interesting person as she says that "Deafness made her tough". She was born with limited hearing due to a genetic defect. Unfortunately years laster, she fell ill with vertigo, dizziness and vomiting and later diagnosed with Meniere's disease which further deteriorated her already limited hearing irreversibly!

Her words: "I put my mental tenacity down to overcoming my deafness.  It's made me tough.  You hear other people tell their stories and moan and I'd never want to belittle anyone, but sometimes I think, 'Honey, you just have no idea - I face that hurdle every day'."

photo from kaybruce.wordpress
Fantastic-looking shoes made by Camille Skovgaard is all over cyberspace. I remember that she is a tall,blonde-haired lady but cannot find her own photo. However, once I get hold of it, I'll upload the picture. Apologies for not uploading at the time of publishing relevant posts!

ps...finally got a picture!!

No comments:

Post a Comment