Thursday 10 November 2011

Grrrr...

"...I remember...feeling incredibly strong. It was me...and it wasn't me" - the quote by Dr. David Banner aka 'The Incredible Hulk'!

Very interesting to note that the actor in this role, Lou Ferrigno is deaf/HOH having lost his hearing as an infant following an ear infection. Lou started weight training at the age of 13 and went into bodybuilding to build his self-esteem. He won a couple of titles which included IFBB Mr. Universe. He also trained with Arnold Schwarzenegger. He has also trained Michael Jackson to get fit in the run-up to his 2009 Comeback concerts.

Here is what Lou says about the influence of his hearing loss on his life: "...if I hadn't lost some of my hearing, I wouldn't be where I am now. It forced me to maximize my own potential. I had to be better than the average person to succeed." That I can identify with.


Courtesy:Treknalities



No comments:

Post a Comment